G L Watson, Naval Architects designed and supervised build.
15.85m Tyler Mouldings
GRP hull, aluminium bulwarks
In present ownership since 2002 and benefitted from continued programme of maintenance and upgrading throughout that time. Including significant refits in 2002, 2010 and 2014/15.
Latest refit upgrades included:
- New John Deere 6068 AFM engines 265hp x 2.
- New PRM gear boxes.
- Heavy duty alternators
- New shafts and 4 blade Equipoise propellers from Clements Marine
- Sleipner SP55 zero speed stabilisers
- New cummins onan 9.5kva genset (remote switching from galley)
- New hydraulically operated Bimini top.
- New radar arch and flybridge seating and teak flybridge extending table
- New Wilks Tek Dek decking throughout including flybridge
- New upholstery and curtains throughout
- New helm chairs
- exterior upholstery in Sunbrella Kadett Grey
- New Sunbrella covers throughout
- Simpson Lawrence 24v anchor windlass with capstan complete with 120m of 10mm chain and 55kg delta type anchor.
- 22kg CQR Kedge anchor
- Substantial chromed bronze cleats throughout including 4 spring cleats. Additional stainless steel cleat for line handling on bow.
- Substantial stainless steel bow roller and roller fair leads.
- 6 x bulwark doors for easy access when docking and to allow divers to leave and re-board the vessel.
- 3 substantial deck lockers at bow.
- 8 x F6 fenders with covers
- 2 x round fenders
- Panama bridge with door onto bow and storage for mooring lines etc. behind.
- Coltri 9cfm diesel electric start diving compressor with 3 long hoses outlet onto fore deck.
- Besenzoni P1369 hydraulic stainless steel passerelle.
- Stainless steel and Iroko bathing platform with swim ladder.
- 2 Lumar electric capstans for stern to mooring. Complete with full set of mooring lines.
- Aft upholstered seat with locker storage beneath,
- Large vertical locker under aft flybridge steps (also steps to flybridge)
- 4 x Lumishore underwater colour changing lights with control panel on aft deck.
- Lower deck LED lights (virtually all lights were replaced with LED during the last 2 years)
- Upper deck spotlight and spreader lights
- Upper deck floor level LED lighting
- Seawater deck wash
- Fore deck light
- Door to close off from saloon and galley.
- Large sofa seating with foot rest.
- Lockers built in throughout
- 240v Freezer driven by boat’s inverter
- Helm chair, manual hydraulic steering, Simrad AP232 auto pilot (repeater on flybridge)
- Simrad FU50 follow up steering controller
- 2 x Ray Marine RLC80 chart plotter radar units
- Integrated Raymarine system further unit on flybridge with small Raymarine repeater instrument
- Morse engine controls
- Rudder indicator
- Dantwith constellation magnetic compass
- Electronic compass
- Engine room camera display
- Sterling power management panel
- Oceanus DSC VHF radio with remote handset.
- Sailor RT144 VHF radio
- Back up Garmin GPS128 (totally independent from Raymarine network system)
- Koden CVS118 echo sounder (flybridge has independent Eagle echosounder for redundancy)
- Manual and auto control panel for 5 electric bilge pumps for the 5 bilge compartments complete with bilge warning panel showing high and low for the 5 bilge compartments with audible and illuminated alarms.
- Control head for Sleipner zero speed stabilisers
- Joy stick for Sleipner 15hp electric bow thruster and 11hp stern thruster (new 2012)
- Fresh water gauge
- Pumping system for fresh water to allow ballasting of boat (3 fresh water tanks total 600 gallons 2,700 litres
- Remote control system for fuel oil stop tap between port and starboard tanks
- Fuel capacity 1,000 gallons – 4,500 litres
- Aqualarm engine raw water flow alarm control head
- 3 x Wynn Marine ship’s wipers with screen wash, adjustable intermittent
- Automatic fog horn system
- John Deere control panels with electronic read outs
- Switch panel to control 24v systems throughout the boat
- Wireless remote control for bow and stern thrusters
- Smoke alarm linked to engine room smoke alarm (smoke alarms throughout boat)
- Twin channel pilot gas alarm 24v
- First Aid cabinet
- Key rack
- Racal/decker lokata navtex 1
- Manuals for all boat’s equipment and engines on board vessel
- Ray Marine 72” long range radar
- Completely re-fitted 2014 including new Neff electric double oven and grill.
- New Hotpoint twin fridge drawers with stainless steel fronts with catches to hold shut at sea
- Stainless steel 4 burner domestic size gas hob with fiddles.
- Microwave, toaster, kettle, Espresso coffee machine, cooker hood
- Stainless steel sink with drainer
- Numerous cupboards including at eye height.
- All crockery and glassware fully fitted into integrated holders included in the sale
- New Apollo slab tech work surfaces
- Aircon outlet and extractor fan
- Dyson hand held vacuum and mains vacuum cleaner included
- LED lighting throughout
- Door to close off galley from saloon
- Fitted seating with substantial lockers below.
- Fold out pine wood varnished table complete with fiddles when folded in or out
- Wooden sideboard complete with all glasses, drinks holders etc., integrated
- CD stereo radio with speakers in saloon, wheelhouse and flybridge
- Key locker
- Brass ships clock
- Hydrometer and thermostat
- Grundig DVD player with screen (works from 24v system via mini inverter so can be used when without generator or shore power)
- Florescent side lighting and other LED lighting throughout.
- Holly and cherry wood flooring
- Substantial locker space beneath TV for books, CDs etc.
- Dometic self-contained duel cycle air con unit fitted 2014. One of 3 in the boat, other in aft cabin and another for forward areas.
- Storage for fold up table for dining on deck
Aft Stairs leading to aft cabin and engine room
- Single berth to starboard small double to port above Maytag 10k washing machine and Zanussi full size tumble dryer (venting to deck) new 2014
- Dometic self-contained air con unit
- Large chest of drawers
- LED lighting including bunk lights throughout
- 2 large opening port lights
- All port lights throughout boat made from armoured glass and have aluminium dead lights and removable fly screens.
- Hanging wardrobe
- Containing Techmar loo (2 button control)
- Shower, sink, mirror, extractor fan and opening port light
- Boat has complete set of monogrammed towels.
- Complete with all bedding, bath mats etc.
- Fully equipped, owner has bought new boat with complete new equipment so everything is being left on this vessel.
- Small corridor area between aft cabin and engine room includes cupboard with immersion heater tank, fire extinguisher, pumps for air con etc.
- Full height engine room access through walk in steel ship-style door.
- 2 John Deeres 8068 AFM engines together with Presto light 140v amp, 24v alternators
- PRM gear boxes
- 9 ½ kva Cummins Onan genet with bench above including vice.
- Switch panel for boat’s 240v system and switch over from shore to generator
- Immersion heater
- 4 stage Digital Tech Pro 2 battery charger (80amps)
- Independent generator start batteries
- Independent engine start battery bank (also operates windlass)
- Independent large service battery bank
- Synergex 3kw pure signwave inverter (operates fridge, freezer and sockets for fans in cabins)
- Sleipner power pack for zero speed stabiliser system
- Sleipner fin actuators
- Extensive fuel filtration system including large fuel polishing system, twin racor pre-filters for each engine with changeovers and pressure gauges, visible site gauges
- Twin John Deere filter systems with electronic alarms etc.
- Water flow meters for raw water for both engines
- Henderson Mark 5 bilge pump with 5 manually operated taps to operate the 5 bilge compartments (electric bilge pumps also in the 5 bilge compartments independently and bilge alarm system as described in wheelhouse section)
- 4 sump sucker bilge pumps for 2 engine bilges and 2 aft bilge areas.
- Boat also has 4 manual bilge pumps operated from the deck
- Fuel tanks each side, visual sight gauges plus keel tank
- 2 large 24v fans providing air to engine room controlled from bridge.
- 24v switch panel
- Electrically operated valve for fuel tank system (operated from bridge)
- All new large strainers glass tops fitted for all air con, engines, generator 2014/215 refit
- Hand held fire extinguisher, automatic dry powder fire extinguisher 2kg and 5k CO2 fire extinguisher system with nozzles above engines operated by pull levers in saloon. Air inlet ducts can also be shut from saloon (fans to be turned off in the event of need for fire fighting)
- Brand new Manuflex exhaust system fitted with new engines.
- Brand new main engine sea cocks. All sea cocks tested, serviced and replaced as appropriate 2014/15 refit.
- Very extensive stock of engine spare parts anodes, belts and dozens of filters for engines, generator and smaller machinery and racor filters etc. carried on board and included in sale.
- Very large constant running hydraulic motor for auto pilot.
- Lift up aluminium checker plate floor throughout.
- Fluorescent 240v and LED lighting 24v
- Internal electricity meter
- Port engine has calorifier for domestic water heating in addition to the electric immersion heater
- New dometic self-contained air conditioning system
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Large double bed. All reupholstered and carpeted 2014/15 refit
- 4 large hanging wardrobes
- 2 large chest of drawer units
- 2 large opening port lights
- 24v electric fan, electric tube heater, ample plug sockets
- Full length mirror.
Master Cabin Heads
- Techmar toilet (2 button control)
- New sink, ample shelving and cupboards
- Electric fan heater
- Extractor fan
- Opening port light
- Ship’s bath with shower
- Main fresh water pumps located under floor – 2 pumps for totally redundant system
- 4 large storage lockers under bed
- With own heads with 24v Jabsco electric loo.
- Black water tank with gauge and pump out system fitted
- Shower and sink
- Extractor fan
- Opening port light
- Shaver socket etc.
- Hanging wardrobe, ample storage in drawers
V Berth Bow Cabin
- Deck hatch with cover and blind
- 2 hanging wardrobes
- Lots of under bunk storage and storage in drawers
- Own heads with 24v Jabsco electric loo, shower, sink, port lights, blinds etc.
- Access to chain locker
- Bow thruster battery and charger under lift up floor
- Twin helm chairs with footrests
- Ray Marine RLC80 screen for radar and chart plotter
- Eagle LCD echo sounder
- Rudder indicator
- Auto pilot control
- Simrad steering lever
- Bow/stern thruster controls
- Simpson Lawrence chrome brass searchlight
- U-shape seating, goes round to teak fold out table (easily seats 8 to 10), all seating Kadet Grey Sunbrella with Kadet Grey covers
- Hydraulic folding Bimini
- Fuel tank built in under seating for dive compressor
- Electric pack for hydraulic passerelle built in under seating
- Fridge for drinks built in under seating
- LED lighting throughout
- Wilks Tek-Dek decking
- Numerous lockers
- Radar arch including lighting
- Whittle 250kg hydraulic stainless steel crane for rib on chocks on flybridge
- Rib is 3.1m Avon. New tubes 2014. Cover. 30hp Mariner electric start 2 stroke engine (very low hours)
- Bathing platform hot and cold shower
- 4 man life raft
- Charging system for rib battery and compressor battery built in
- Rib complete with anchor/lines, spare keys, spare parts, manual etc.
- Diving compressor under a cover starboard side
- Flagstaff for courtesy flag
- Closable hatch to flybridge stairs
- Freshwater Tap and hose for washdown
The current owner purchased this boat for adventurous amateur diving expeditions around Scotland and Ireland and operated the boat for that from 2001 until 2014 when the boat underwent a major refit at West Coast Marine in Troon on the West of Scotland. The boat has regularly travelled 600N to the Shetland Islands circumnavigated Ireland twice and travelled extensively throughout the British Isles including the Scilly Isles etc.
After its latest refit, the owner brought the boat himself from the west coast of Scotland to the Mediterannean over 2 weeks in 2015 and has cruised the Mediterannean since that point including the Balearic Islands, Corsica and the Cote d’azur.
The boat is currently based in Antibes, South of France and the owner is prepared to spend time providing a detailed handover to the new purchaser and has many original plans and much technical information about this very interesting long range vessel. The owner is prepared to assist with delivery either to the UK or anywhere within the Mediterannean.
The owner has a new 23m motor yacht and Silver Dee is therefore seriously for sale.
She has a range in excess of 700 miles and with her large water capacity and comfortable and stable accommodation can comfortably spend several days at sea underway. The current owner has regularly cruised her non-stop for 2 to 3 days at a time. Her top speed is in the region of 11 knots and she cruises comfortably and economically at 9.3 knots.